NOT A FAN – WEEK 1
(This is a refresher or recap of our weekly Wednesday evening study at Bethel)
ARE YOU A FAN OR A FOLLOWER?
“The dictionary defines a fan as “an enthusiastic admirer.” Fans want to be close enough to Jesus to get all the benefits, but not so close that it requires sacrifice. Fans may be fine with repeating a prayer, attending church on the weekend, and slapping a Jesus fish on their bumpers. But is that really the extent of the relationship Jesus wants? “ – https://www.notafan.com
The following contains the scripture and questions from our discussion in week 1 of “Not A Fan”. Each week we will be looking at & studying one section of this 6 part study. Feel free to join us, bring a friend & join in with some lively discussion. Or simply let the richness of God’s Word, the gentle lead of the Holy Spirit & Kyle Idleman’s study take you from fan to follower of Christ.
SCRIPTURE FROM WEEK 1: LUKE 9:18 – 25
PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND QUESTIONS FROM WEEK 1:
- When have you been most alive? Can you describe it?
- Were you dead to yourself at the time?
- What has following Jesus cost you?
- Do you feel like Jesus has tested your relationship with him?
- If so, how? In what areas?
- Are there any areas of your life that are off limits to Jesus?
- If so, why? What is your reason for keeping Him out?
- What has been the effect of keeping Him out?